Monday, April 04, 2005

Tift Merritt Update



I was a little shocked to find out that Tift Merritt appeared in the April issue of FHM Magazine as part of their Women of Country Music feature. Bizarre it may seem, but I thought her photo (above) was nice and not a bit skanky (unlike some of her, ahem, country music sisters). Of course, isn't time to quit referring to Tift Merritt as a "country" artist? Anyway, any press is good press, right?

In other Tift news, there are a couple of exclusive acoustic performances available for purchase from MSN Music and Napster respectively. Word of warning: these will all download in Windows Media proprietary format. So if you're an iPod devotee (like me) you'll have to burn them to CD, then re-import them as either MP3 or AAC formats. I'll spare you my rant on that topic for now. There's an additional exclusive performance available on SonyConnect, but I haven't downloaded that yet (just how many media players can my PC handle?).

Finally, Tift will be winding up her tour supporting Tambourine soon. I'm actually thinking of traveling to Nashville to catch her at The Mercy Lounge. Her full tour schedule is updated on her website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home