Monday, August 30, 2004

Daily DBT: Shonna Tucker (bass)



For no particular reason, I thought I'd profile the members of Drive-By Truckers over the next few days. I'll start with the newest addition to the lineup, Shonna Tucker (front left), the lovely wife of singer/guitarist Jason Isbell. She'd been a session bass player at Muscle Shoals' world-renowned FAME Studios for a while, and she and Jason used to perform as a duo. Then the Truckers recruited him, and I guess she decided she better also join before Hood and Cooley rubbed off on Jason too much.

Says singer Patterson Hood of Tucker:
"She is one of the most talented musicians I have ever met, and plus, she’s one of the most down-to-earth, stable people I’ve ever dealt with. And with her, I believe we have extended our longevity indefinitely. I think she’s added seven years to the life of this band."

You can pick up DBT's newest and best record The Dirty South and hear for yourself just how badass the rhythm section is with the addition of Shonna on bass.
http://store.milesofmusic.com/prodinfo.asp?number=30197

www.drivebytruckers.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home