Sunday, April 17, 2005

Spoon me, please!



The hype machine kicked into high gear this week when Merge Records released the first official (and hey, free!) MP3 from Spoon's forthcoming LP Gimme Fiction. I've already seen several print articles and read a few Britt Daniel interviews online because, let's face it, every music geek on the planet has wet himself (or, er, herself - just kidding) 11 times already just thinking about this album. It was originally supposed to be named after the first track "The Beast and Dragon, Adored" but apparently that was just a cruel tease that has me still cleaning the spooge out of my authentic whiskered denims. Nevertheless, Gimme Fiction is a groovy title, and the album cover is predictably awe-inspiring, and "I Turn My Camera On" is just so perfect and Britt Daniel has such neat hair and... oh, but I digress.

May 10, bitches. Don't talk to me that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home