Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The Revolution Ends... Now

So I'm just idly (and I do mean idly) watching bits of the All-Star Game when I get a commercial for Chevy trucks featuring Steve Earle's "Revolution Starts... Now" from his recent album of the same name.

Everybody knows I love Steve Earle, despite the fact that he never leaves me messages asking for my advice. And I don't really care one way or the other which artists sell what songs to whatever commercials or TV shows. But seriously - you're gonna let your big protest song from your big protest album be used to sell trucks? Whatever, Mr. Big "Borderline Communist".

Now, if Steve needs the money to buy Allison Moorer an awesome wedding ring, he can be forgiven. Frankly, an old geez like Steve should sell his soul and those of his children for someone as hot as Allison. Or maybe he didn't read the fine print in his contract with Artemis Records. Or maybe he's back on crack and needs the dough (I'll be super-pissed if he turns sweet Allison into a crack ho).

In any case, I suppose you can look on the bright side -- now Ford vs. Chevy is sorta like Toby vs. Steve. Objections aside, if I'm ever shopping for a new pickup, it'll be a Chevy (probably).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home