Monday, March 21, 2005

New West Records - Street Teamer

Well, I finally broke down and joined New West Records' Street Team, following the dismal attendance at the Sarah Lee Guthrie & Johnny Irion concert Sunday at Zilkha Hall in Houston. Not that New West is necessarily responsible for all the promotion (that would be something supposedly known as a "Promoter," right?), but I just think that the current roster of New West Records deserves a lot of attention. I think their current lineup is probably the best in the biz at the moment. So if it seems that I'm shilling a bit for New West in the future, well, I am.

I'll try to keep up with their new releases and current tour dates. If you've got any relevant information, please pass it along, and I'll see that it gets posted. It might give this blog site some much needed focus for a while. Thanks.

In case you're wondering, the current roster at New West includes the following artists:
  • Drive-By Truckers
  • Old 97's
  • Sarah Lee Guthrie & Johnny Irion
  • Buddy Miller (and supposedly Julie Miller sometime in the future)
  • Vic Chesnutt
  • Ben Lee
  • Nic Armstrong
  • Tim Easton
  • Stephen Bruton
  • Chuck Prophet
  • John Hiatt
  • Jon Dee Graham
  • and a handful of other worthy artists...

1 Comments:

Blogger David Kennedy said...

Better start sucking up now or I won't introduce you to Shonna.

7:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home