Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Springsteen - 'Devils & Dust' (DualDisc)



Okay, okay - I NEVER have anything nice to say about major labels. But I'm gonna give Sony credit. 'Devils & Dust' has been released exclusively in DualDisc format, which includes a two-sided disc of CD audio and DVD content (including the 5.1 mix plus some other content). This used to be the kind of thing you had to fork over 25 bucks to enjoy (usually after you'd already shelled out for the CD). In fact, Sony has been one of the greatest perpetrators of the "double-dip" (i.e. releasing a "bonus DVD" four months after the fact). But they seem pretty jazzed about the DualDisc format (they've even come up with new packaging for it).

Considering I picked up 'Devils & Dust' at Circuit City for $9.99, I feel like I actually got some value added. I don't know if the world needs to hear about Bruce boning a hooker ("Reno"), but hey, you can hear it in 5.1!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home