Friday, June 16, 2006

Reviews of 'Getting Somewhere'

I'm bored out of my ever-livin' skull. But my pain is your gain because I've compiled some handy links to reviews of Allison Moorer's brand-spanking-new record Getting Somewhere. I know, I know - there's positively no end to the ways my blog enhances your life!

Generally very positive, with the occasional dissension (which I've not bothered to list here because good fanboys don't do that sort of thing). Interesting how many of these critics seem to be indifferent about Allison's previous work, despite her generally being labeled a "critic's darling." In any case, I'm glad they like it, and I'm sure you'll love it (because you're smarter than a critic, right?) whenever you get around to ordering your copy.

Oh, and you can hear Allison on Bob Harris' BBC radio show, featuring a solid interview and two acoustic performances. Steve Earle chimes in as well. You can hear the show here.

Have a great weekend. We've got big plans for a 70's-themed film fest, which will include screenings of the new Criterion Edition of Dazed and Confused and the new DVD release of Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls. Far out, man! Our friends Natalie and Joey are coming for a visit, which means our plans also include about five trips to Mai's for every variant of Vietnamese food under the sun.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All these years, and NATALIE makes the blog? What about the woman that agreed to have your kid? Now the baby's really mad.

8:06 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

You can't expect much from a "starter" husband/"presumed" father!

9:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home